Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

While engine is off the door locks activate every 30 seconds

Customer Question

while engine is off the door locks activate every 30 seconds to the lock position
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

i apologizes for the delay

the door lock module needs checking ?

can you have the BCM body control module ,have it scanned and retrieve fault codes ?

if that module is shorting out , it will cause the locks and unlock on there own, it will eventually kill the battery .

you can get a voltmeter and set it on milli amps & check each fuse inside and outside the car with key off and out of ignition, check and see if you measure across each fuse , is any reading above 0.5 mili amps , any that does check that circuit or post it back here for me to what fuse and which system it indicate it powers up, if it is the bcm fuse that will be our confirmation

again sorry for the delay

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat