Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Lost only key to cruiser what do I do now, No, 2001 pt

Customer Question

Lost only key to cruiser what do I do now
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2001 pt limited
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have to go get a key punched at the dealer, but really don't want to pay the extra 80.00 they want to program, I have got to pay the 70 for the key. Just seeing is there a less expensive way to program the key
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

There is another way that you can get the key programmed, Not sure if it is less expensive but it is another option. The option is to call out your local locksmith or you can tow it to them and have them program the key.

If you post the last 9 digits of your VIN, I can get you the pin number to have the locksmith program the key for you...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Here is the PIN mumber and keycode:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

The Ignition Code is used to cut a new key

the PIN number is ***** to program the key..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly "Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.