Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I need to replace and retrain one TPMS tire sensor and I am

Customer Question

I need to replace and retrain one TPMS tire sensor and I am not sure how strong the magnet needs to be?
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: All the tires are at the right pressure and I only have the service the tire system notice on the dash
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2004 Pacifica
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I found the part at O'Reilly,s and Pep Boys can install it for me then I need to retrin it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know, it seems that the instructions for retraining are pretty straight forward with the appropriate magnet and I will do that part myself
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

There is as special magnet for that, however, There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

Customer may experience 1PM warning lamp illumination when all tires are inflated to the correct pressure as stated on the tire pressure placard.

Are you sure that the sensor is actually bad?

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin and instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Thanks