Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Airbag light stays on, but horn still works on 2001 Chrysler

Customer Question

Airbag light stays on, but horn still works on 2001 Chrysler Sebring convertible. There has been quite a bit of leaking into interior from convertible top (replacing this week). Any suggestions, other than clock spring?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The air bag light comes on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. Before you replace any parts you need to start with scanning the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Post back with the fault code and or codes and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was hoping that it might be a relay or fuse? You know, something simple and CHEAP...lol. Also, could it be because the passenger seat belt isn't retracting? Just a thought... mechanically inclined, I am not, but I'm thinking that maybe it all ties in together, somehow
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Yes the seat belt could cause the light to set if there is a problem with it, a quich code scan would point us in the right direction if you can get this done it will save a lot of guess work for sure.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Headed to have that done this afternoon. Thank you and will update this evening
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Sure thing. Post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry that it has taken this long to respond. I re-taped the wiring under the seat and the airbag and seat belt light are both off!! The only big issue now, is the passenger seat belt not retracting.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The seat belt not retracting usually means you need a new seat belt.