Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK

Key will not work properly. as as it stays in the switch

Customer Question

key will not work properly. as long as it stays in the switch After you get to turn, it will crank every time, but once the key is removed you have to juggle and turn steering wheel to get it to work again
JA: Do you have the car's service manual? Does the car have airbags? What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: no manual, 2004 crossfire with airbags
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: taking it to a mechanic that wants 200 bucks just to look at it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: copying information here to take to him and pray he doesn't charge me an arm and a leg in parts and labor
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i was transferred around your site here, had an appt w/tech, then i had to register and now i'm just waiting
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

Most likely the issue is either a worn out key or worn out ignition lock cylinder, I will send you a phone offer to discuss this in depth with you.