Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My Chrysler Aspen is giving me a code P0300 and I am now

Customer Question

My Chrysler Aspen is giving me a code P0300 and I am now getting white smoke. It's an 2007 with about 90k on the odometer. The white smells like oil and the vehicle runs rough.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: My last oil change was about a month ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only thing i tried was diagnostic test and that was it so far. I am trying to get my mechanic to fix it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was working fine earlier. I drove about 2 minutes from my house to a local store and that is when the mayhem began
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

p0300, is a random multiple misfire ?

has it been tune up ?

did you check for vacuum leaks ?

have you checked fuel pressure ?

have you checked ignition coils ?

you need to pull the spark plugs out and tell me if there is evidence of oil on them ?

have been adding oil to it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no. i have not been adding oil to it. It hasn't been tuned up and I have not for any leaks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My mechanic believes the motor maybe done, but I am not sure if any other test or checks have been done.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not see spark plug for my vehicle not sure if it is located differently then others.

YES A COMPRESSION TEST NEEDS TO BE DONE TO CONFIRM ?

WHY WOULD THE MOTOR BE DONE ,IS THAT ACTUAL MILEAGE ON IT ?

IS IT KNOCKING OR MAKING LOUD NOISE WHEN RUNNING ?

IS SMOKING WHITE FROM TAIL PIPE WHEN Running ?

WHY DOES THE MECHANIC THINK THAT ,WHAT DID HE DO TO TEST IT IF I MAY ASK ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He hears the misfire and a knocking that sounds like its coming from the bottom of the engine at start up. After its been on for a few seconds the engine begins to shake and white smoke is push from the tail pipe.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it about 90k miles on the dash. I am hoping to find a second opinion as replacing the motor is very expensive.

do a compression test , i honestly dont buy it, he has to give a proof for why the motor is bad ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what would compression test be used for? I have very little knowledge. Is it something I need to buy or a test that they would already have on site?

it will show if the motor is building enough compression to run smooth, all cylinders should match in compression , and you should see 100 psi plus on every cylinder

a sign of a healthy engine, example , if you changed all the tune up stuff and you still had a misfire , and one or 2 of the cylinders are bad , not building enough compression, then the motor will be bad since it will require new pistons or piston rings