sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 02 pt cruiser and my problem is that the car start

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 02 pt cruiser and my problem is that the car start for 5 minutes and then shut off. Also my ignition switch is keeping burning this is the second switch that i have to replace.please help thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have more than one issue going on but if the powertrain control module is losing power due to an ignition switch issue that will cause the dying issue.

There are many things that could cause the engine to die ranging from the PCM not being awake to the crank sensor, coil, ASD relay and wiring, the fuel pump, etc. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?