Mrchippeway
Mrchippeway, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler,jeep,dodge tech for 4 years, overall 8 years in automotive and 1 year heavyduty
66273772

It was working just fine. I went to start it and it won't do

Customer Question

It was working just fine. I went to start it and it won't do anything it just clicks. The battery was corroded so we cleaned that and replaced the negative cable. Still won't turn over.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It's been dead a wk
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2004 sebring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend checked all the fuses and the starter. We ordered a positive cable
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm getting power but the alarm system isn't working correctly
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mrchippeway replied 4 months ago.
Have you tried hitting the starter with a hammer while someone cranks it over? To me sounds like you have a battery with no enough juice or a bad starter those are the 2 that make the clicking noise. The clicking noise is from the starter not engaging properly.
Have you tried hitting the starter with a hammer while someone cranks the engine? Sounds like you have a bad battery or a bad starter! Those are the only 2 things that cause a clicking sound.