sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Runs for q while and then starts wanting to stall out. I

Customer Question

runs for q while and then starts wanting to stall out. I changed the throttle position sensor yesterday and it stalled after 5 minutes and would not restart
JA: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?
Customer: it had been doing that but I changed the iac valve also
JA: Are you fixing your Q yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new plugs wires, distributor, crankshaft positions sensor and now tps. It was not getting any spark until we changed the cps
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is not getting any fuel now
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If there is no fuel pressure the most likely cause would be the pump itself but it could be a loss of power or ground to the pump. Loss of power or ground could be a wiring or connection issue, possibly a fuel pump relay or power distribution issue depending on what the vehicle is.

What year and model is the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1998 sebring convertible. I banged on the gas tank and the car started. Would that be the reason it stalls out occasionally?

Yes, if the fuel pump stops running then the engine will die. If hitting the tank for sure allowed the engine to start then the pump will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going to change the fuel pump tomorrow. How would I test the ground?

An incandescent test light would be used to test the power and ground feed at the pump connector.