sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My 2001 Chrysler 300M has 267,000 miles on the engine. It

Customer Question

My 2001 Chrysler 300M has 267,000 miles on the engine. It ran hot and I felt I needed to replace the water pump. I had serious foot surgery and my Chrysler sat inside the garage for a full year. I cranked it one time and it roared like a lion. This cranking was after 3 months of sitting idle. Then, at the end of one year, I could not get the engine to crank. Had it towed to a Chrysler dealership & mechanic said they couldn't get it to crank. Suggested replace the engine or trade it in. Dealership service manager said that I had gotten my money's worth off the car with its 267,000 miles. I would like to keep my Chrysler. Do you know where I can get the engine replaced by a reliable mechanic and replace water pump, timing belts, all that is needed to restore the car, mechanically? I live in Atlanta, GA. Thanks. Sharon
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A dealer would definitely be able to do the work but would be the most expensive. Their labor rate would be higher than an independent shop but they would usually be the most familiar with the vehicle. Any good independent shop would also be able to do the work though and would usually be around 75% of the labor rate of a dealer.

What kind of price range were you hoping to stay in?