Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

2005 Chrysler Pacifica. Blower continuously runs when

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler Pacifica. Blower continuously runs when vehicle is turned on. And on occasion for short period after car is turned off. Is this a resistor issue or a power module issue? I've lowered glove box and can see mechanisms behind it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. See info above.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 4 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the blower resistor is at fault. The blower motor resistor and blower motor power module are the same part. The resistor is named for manual control systems and the power module is named for automatic control systems.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.