Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

My car started showing the esp bas, brake, abs, and traction

Customer Question

My car started showing the esp bas, brake, abs, and traction control lights
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: ABS and there is a red BRAKE light showing
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 Chrysler 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I noticed it one day leaving work, the car is driving fine, I have tried only to turn the steering wheel left and right and killing the engine. I would like to know if this is just a sensor that's went out or if I have a bigger issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Most likely it is a sensor or configuration issue. All the systems that the lights that are on are all controlled by the ABS Controller. The only way to find out for sure if it is a sensor or something more is to have the vehicle scanned. You WILL need to scan it using a scanner that can access abs codes. AutoZone or Oreilleys should have a code reader that does abs codes. If you have the codes retrieved, post them here and I'll be glad to help you figure out what is the most likely cause...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert