Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300. The alternator was bad which ran

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Chrysler 300. The alternator was bad which ran the battery down. I changed the alternator but now the wipers, signal lights, and horn will not work. Please advise because I am from Detroit and drove to Louisiana and started having this problem. I am stranded in Louisiana.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Have you checked all the fuses under the hood to see if any of them are blown? Fuse 10 in particular?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All fuses are good.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All fuses have been tested and all are good. They have been tested three times

no need to test them 3 times. A visual inspection is all that is required there. You have retraced your alternator installation and have verified that nothing was disconnected, damaged during installation, etc? The alternator on that particular vehicle is a very simple straight forward swap, so I can't imagine anything would have gotten damaged, but it's worth asking.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has been traced and it appears to have been put on correctly.

Did you check all the fuses in the rear fuse block? it's located in the trunk. I am not aware of a fuse in there that would cause this, but since every fuse in the front fuse block is verified to be good, and it was a clean installation the rear fuse block should be checked if it was not already.

It's under the spare tire access panel

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the fuses in the rear by the battery has been checked.

so, both front and rear fuse panels have been thoroughly inspected and no blown fuses in either, and no damaged wiring or disconnected connectors. Was any work done inside the vehicle? anything at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No work was done inside of the vehicle.

Since everything that is not functioning is all in the same area, I would suggest inspecting under the dash on the driver side to make sure nothing got disturbed in there. If all that checks out fine, then I am totally out of ideas and would have to open this up in hopes that another tech comes along and has seen this happen before. Please let me know how it looks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will contact you in the morning to inform you of the results. Thank you.

sounds good. I will respond as soon as i can. Good luck. I hope you find something under the dash. I know what it's like to be stranded. Not fun.