Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My Windows won't go up or down and my top won't open

Customer Question

My Windows won't go up or down and my top won't open either.2006 pt cruiser
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: The driver side window was doing it sometimes
JA: What year is your Pt Cruiser?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check the fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal fault in the integrated power control module/ecu.This is the under hood fuse panel assembly and is an ecu that is common to fail.It monitors and controls voltage to these components.I have had to replace some of these for electrical issues like this here.This will need tested further to be sure that this is the cause here and replaced as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete