Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Trying to troubleshoot a crank but will not start PT Cruiser

Customer Question

trying to troubleshoot a crank but will not start PT Cruiser 2006 the 2006 does not have a fuel pump relayit also does not have the Schrader valve on the fuel rail I have a fuel pressure gauge but don't know how to use it without the Schrader valve being there also how do I depressurize the system with no fuel relay
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Your fuel pump relay is built into the fuse box under the hood which is called the Totally Intergrated Power Module(TIPM). You can't remove it because built into the TIPM, and if faulty you will need a new TIPM.. Click >>HERE<< for a wiring diagram.
To test fuel pressure, remove the plastic hard line that supplies the fuel rail from either end. The end near the firewall is easiest but i remove both to check pressure at each end . It requires an inline connection with your fuel gauge to connect but is only way to check fuel pressure without crawling underneath which would require the same connection. Hope this is helpful. They stopped using the schraeder valve to test in late 03' or 04'.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljs4h4nfczny9jk/fpm.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  david craig replied 7 months ago.

do you still need assistance?

hello??

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

do you have a spark on the plugs?

will it fire with a prime?[a little starting fluid or a small amount of fuel into the throttle body?