sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Got 0300and2302and0351 code out of my ptcruiser gt every so

Customer Question

Got 0300and2302and0351 code out of my ptcruiser gt every so often the engine goes into a suppression turning over but hardly any power
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: Forgot to say coil wire and plugs just got changed
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 03 ptcruiser gt
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: Also engine light on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix myself wonder if fuel pump is fading
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im david and would be happy to assist you. Potential causes of a P0351 code include: Short to voltage or ground on COP driver circuit Open on COP driver circuit Loose connection at coil or broken connector locks Bad Coil (COP) Faulty Powertrain Control Module

it seems to me that your issue is with #1 cylinder. i see that you replaced the coil wires and plugs to no avail so that pretty much leaves a pssible injector problem for #1 cylinder.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These codes are both for the number 1 ignition coil river circuit. If the coil pack has been replaced and the codes are still setting then you either have a wiring issue or internal failure in the powertrain control module. The driver circuit is going to need to be tested for a short to power or ground as well as either checking for continuity or load testing the circuit. If the wiring does check out then the PCM can be condemned. All testing has to be done at the time the code is active and spark is missing on the 1 and 4 cylinders.