sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My AC is all hooked up everything's fine on it everything

Customer Question

My AC is all hooked up everything's fine on it everything works however I believe it would be my AC compressor? Isn't getting any power
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Well that's the thing I took it too an AC specialist who was supposed to vacuum my lines and recharge it and he said that he could not vacuum lines and recharge it because there was no power going to it
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 non turbo PT Cruiser
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes! I refused to take it to another mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have a 2005 PT Cruiser non turbo and that is where this entire AC wiring hoses compressor fan everything came out of Work perfect in the 05 which is why I put it in the 07
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The compressor doesn't need to engage to evacuate, vacuum and recharge an a/c system. Contrarily, the compressor can't be operating while doing these things.

There are many things that will prevent compressor engagement. It could be the control head, the high or low pressure switch, compressor relay or a blown fuse, or a wiring issue.

The most common cause of lack of compressor engagement is low charge. Do you at least have a way to check static pressure?