Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 99 Chrysler Sebring convertible horn started beeping

Customer Question

My 99 Chrysler Sebring convertible horn started beeping every time I turned the ignition on, the door locks do not work nor does the radio. This happened after a night of rain and the passengers side was flooded. Please any info is helpful.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is the response to my question

When you say flooded, how much water?

Can you do electrical testing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How would I do electrical testing? And there was a bout an inch of water the amp underneath the passengers side was removed and it was soaked and pretty much fried

A test light or preferred volt meter would be needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where would I get that and how much does it cost ? If it's electrical do you have any ideas how to fix

It would be tough for you to diagnose this electrical issue not owning a parts store 30$ volt meter nor having used one before. Wire and circuit testing will need to be done to check the powers and grounds to all the tings not working. Do you know anyone that has this tool and knows how to use it to help you out?

Most likely this is going to be fuses blown and or ground connections to the chassis that are corroded.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fuses do not look blown but I thought about replacing them to be safe. Is that a good idea

You will only need to replace fuses that OHM test bad or ones that have power on one side but not the other. Replacing all the fuses is never needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I buy a volt meter and would we be able to figure out how it works

If you would like to try and diagnose this yourself, that tool is a must. They are not hard to use and there are plenty of you tube videos that will bring you up to speed. Auto Zone sales an INNOVA brand digital one for 29$.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That should tell me what if any fuses may be out etc??? What else will it tell me?

You can use a DVOM to check fuses, check for power and ground to components and check the integrity of wiring.