Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Display lights blinking and engine will not start. Has

Customer Question

Display lights blinking and engine will not start. Has happened several times in past year but, usually after short pause it would start. Now every display shuts off and will not start or lock vehicle
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Problem solved with new battery. However, The display lights blinking , alone with radio shutting down has been a problem for more than a year. Seems to be a different problem. I've been told that this is a problem with grounds (several) in the display and it need to be sent to factory for replacement. Battery was 3 years old, so needed to be replaced anyway, but am concerned that this reacuring problem will draw battery down.

Are you asking how to do a battery draw test to see if there excessive drain on the battery with the car off?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chris. No I know how to that. Since this is so intermediate , especially while driving I do not think that would show anything. I notice that when driving, if I pull off and stop engine, then restart it clears up the plinking problem. I am concerned that it may be shorting out somewhere and cause a problem when I stop at the end of the day, or even a two hour stop. How can I measure that?

Is the concern now the display lights are blinking with the car off or while running?

These display lights are they the warning indicators in the dash?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I was describing what has in the past going on with the display. For more than a year this has been happening.( Which is why I started with this description ). Right now everything is working correctly. When this happened (every 3 -4 months) I can stop this by stopping then restarting the Van. When this happens , it causes the radio to stop working and having to be reset (time etc.) Once it did cause the Van to sut off while on the hwy.
And then after waiting a couple of minutes, it started up with all display working. I have been told that it is a grounding problem but it is so seldom , that stopping and restarting is the only thing that resets everything.

I do not believe I can figure this out. Opting out now to let another try.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
tks
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 4 months ago.

Different expert here did you still need assistance ?