Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

We have had a coolant leak and went out to it this morning

Customer Question

We have had a coolant leak and went out to it this morning to a huge puddle underneath and seems to be empty.
JA: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?
Customer: Hoses are not that old. When we bought it last year mechanic said it had a loose hose. It seems to be an issue with the 2006 Pacifica
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just researching right now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of yet. Just started researching it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Probably not a hose leaking, but it could be. I see more coolant leaks from either the water pump, or the radiator. Have you added any water to the reservoir yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
added water to see where it may be leaking from. Is the water pump located under the reservoir? It seems like there is a leak there.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

No, the water pump is near the front of the engine. But maybe the reservoir itself has a crack in it, or the hose attached to the reservoir is loose/leaking. Maybe you can get a mirror and look, or remove the reservoir and look under it.