Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

She's over heating, I had new head gaskets put on with reco

Customer Question

She's over heating , I had new head gaskets put on with reco heads ,new thermostat,cold air intake ,spark plugs ,oil and filter ,fuel pumps both sides fuel filter new radiator new hoses but she is still heating up on me
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yep
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 300c hemi 6.1
JA: What year is your C?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been trying to bleed cooling system for 2days
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

if you haven't then I'd consider replacing the water pump as they can start slipping of the water pump impeller on its shaft

Also its possible the belt is slipping so its worth replacing its especially if the rubber ribs are cracked or it looks shiny on flat side of the belt - while its off check that the tensioner and other pulleys all spin freely the exception to this is the AC pump ( if fitted)

I'd also suggest ensuring that you've got all the air out of the system as thissort of episode can leave pockets of air trapped and prevent the coolant from circulating properly.

Socheck that the small hoses that run from the top of the engine and radiator thatrun back to the header / expansion tank are free flowing and not blocked

Ifthese are OK then remove the tank pressure cap and run the engine from cold with the heater set to full hot

As the engine starts to warm, squeeze the large hoses running to the radiator to help displace any air - all the time keeping an eye on the level in the header tank,making sure it doesn't drop below the minimum and open any bleed screws builtinto the top cooling hoses - closing them off as soon as they start to gush water

Oncethe engine is up to temperature the tank should be quite full. Switch theengine off and leave it to cool

Thentop up to the mark once its all cold and replace the cap

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you