david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Charged it up but it wont start just a click or 2 and an

Customer Question

charged it up but it wont start just a click or 2 and an error code for the electronic throttle control
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: car's been sitting a few weeks its my daughter's car she thinks old boyfriend may have dump the old unknown substance in fuel tank. local mechanic found a purple like fluid in fuel, it sounded like a diesel engine afterwards now
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 sebring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. just charging it up and getting opinion s from different people before I invest in a used engine. wanna keep the car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: havent had it diagnosed on computer yet just from conversation everyone's saying its the engine because it sounds like a diesel last time it fired up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, if in fact there was purple fluid in the fuel, the only possible solution you have is to replace the engine, fuel filter, and flush out both fuel lines.... you may also need to have the tank drop and thoroughly cleaned out...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what's the ballpark for a thorough computer diagnosis.

every place is different. anywhere from 89 to 150......but i dont think it will be needed if it sounds that bad.

any update?

please leave a rating for me as it is the only way i get credit for my assistance. thank you and good luck to you. I really hope they dont have to replace the engine.

any update? good news or bad?

hello??????