Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When I started the car the windshield wipers came on and

Customer Question

When I started the car the windshield wipers came on and would not stop even though the switch was off I turn the car off and they still kept going. At the same time my instrument panel will not light up and the convertible top will not go down. The odometer has also reset to zero.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: The fuses were intact I pulled the fuse for the wipers to stop them.
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do plan on trying to fix it myself. I haven't done much more than curse and do some web searching so far this morning. Have a Haynes repair manual
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's a Sebring LX and it had just over 85,000 miles on it, The engine is a 2.7 liter dual overhead to cam.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

So far this looks to be a concern with the BCM or IPM. Can you do electrical testing?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris