Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Im trying to get my master cylinder pushrod adjusted. I'm

Customer Question

Im trying to get my master cylinder pushrod adjusted. I'm still having issues with 1st and second gear. I'm at the limit with the adjustment screw and was wondering if that rod screws into the master cylinder.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 196,000 miles and have just had a new master cylinder and clutch replacement.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am doing it myself. I adjusted the obvious adjustment to it's limit but the rod still acts like it needs slightly more penetration.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had to rig the pedal/rod connection because the plastic grommet wasn't holding properly and releasing the connection.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yep. I still need info. No hurry however!

What model is your 02 Chrysler?

You mentioned a shifting issue but also a master cylinder push rod adjustment concern form the brake booster. Are you saying there are 2 issues?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris