sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300. Battery is good. but i'm having

Customer Question

i have a 2005 Chrysler 300. Battery is good. but i'm having an electrical problem. I believe with the fuse box. Car won't start. most of the dash and cabin lights seem to work. When I turn the Key to start i hear a….clicking/grinding sound coming out of the fuse box and the truck light flickers. when i touch the fuse box i can actually feel the vibrations from the clicking sounds. Car was working find, came home from work, parked it, went out the next morning, car won't start. I believe the battery was also dead, I charged it and it seems to be holding a charge.
Thanks for any ideas.
Gene Hodges in Springfield VA.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's definitely possible that you could have an internal issue in the power distribution center and that may be what caused the battery to die, but the noise you're hearing there could also be caused by a dead battery. If you do believe the battery was initially dead then there is a good chance the battery is bad.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The battery died. I have a battery charger and it is fully charged. I don't think it is the battery. I also tried jumping it, same symptoms. When I get in the car the dash/system lights come on. When I turn the key to start, they all go out. At first I thought a weak battery, but after trying to jump start it and charging the battery for a full day....it doesn't seem like a battery issue. Although I hope that is all it is. Is there any way to troubleshoot the power distribution center? Yes I have a volt meter.

How are you determining the battery is fully charged?