Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 touring an the problem with my ac

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 touring an the problem with my ac is that it doesn't feel cold in the car i need to have it at max air to kinda feel it n the back vents blow out hot air. Can it just be the recirculating door??
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any idea??
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Based on what you have told me, it is a door problem inside of the HVAC housing, but not the recirculation door. This is a temperature blend door problem. It may have a failed blend door actuator, or may simply need to be recalibrated. Take the vehicle to a shop you trust or the dealer. ASk them to check the blend door operation. Hopefully it just needs to be recalibrated.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is ther any way i can check it myself?? Do u have picture or diagram of what i need to look for??
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

You can try to reset it/recalibrate it by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. I can try to look for a picture of the actuator, but if I cannot find it, you should be able to see it by looking up under the dash, left side, and then to the right of the steering column.

I will look for a picture when I get to work in about 1 hour.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
K thank you. Its just you put your hand up to the vents an it feels cold an when you put your hands to the back vents it blows out hot air no matter what position you set the temperature knob to any condition. An also it seems like the passenger side throws a little more faster then the driver side. But compare to my suv its super cold to where i have it at the first click an on my car i have it at the full set level just to feel it an to have it kinda cold it has to be under 80degrees if its over 80 the car just feels like i have a house fan on.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Gotcha. Based on your last statement regarding tye fact that it gets good and cold when the outside temp is 80 or below, have that refrigerant level rechecked. It could be a little bit low.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Even tho the pipe that you use to recharge the freon is super cold at all time you have the ac on in the car?? I checked the freon level an its at required fill. I just feel like thers somthing block the air from reaching its full potential to be super cold inside the car. I just want cold air to come out threw all my vents. Especially since i live in modesto ca. An the weather out here for the past couple of weeks is been over 100° so u can imagine the heat.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, Well let's check the blend door actuator. Move the temp control from hot to cold and back and see if it is working. Click on the link below to see pictures of it.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks chris now one last question does it matter if my car is not equipped with the cabin filter?? Its just a big hole with a mesh looking cover can i cover that??? Or will it effect the ac??
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.
You are welcome. It does not matter. Having a cabin filter or not having one will make no difference regarding your blend door issue.Chris