Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Gas cap reading on the odometer and I replaced with a new

Customer Question

gas cap reading on the odometer and I replaced with a new gas cap but the gascap keeps showing up.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: runs great
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 town and country lx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: gave it a tune up.Changed the spark plugs and wires,changed the erg valve and after all that is when the gascap reading showed up.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: oh and the air filter was changed as well.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did you double check your work recently performed? Check for loose or cracked vacuum lines/hoses in the engine compartment and let me know if you find any vacuum lines loose or broken...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,