Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I replaced controller and input speed sensor ,shift pack

Customer Question

I replaced controller and input speed sensor ,shift pack ,output speed sensor and van shift normal but check engine light come on after about 20 miles with codes 1776, 700 and 740
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The code P1776 usually set due to a failing Shift pack but if your getting a code P0740 with it then you have other issues. This codes set in most cases if the torque converter clutch has come apart. You can check this by removing the transmission pan removing the trans filter , once you have the filter off cut it open and see if there are any signs of a reddish-brown looking mud in the filter. If so then then that means the torque converter clutch has come apart and you looking at either an overhaul or replacement. Check this and let me know what you find.