Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Remember me?, the guy with the 2001 PT Cruiser that over

Customer Question

Hi Robert! Remember me? I'm Paul, the guy with the 2001 PT Cruiser that over heated and has bad compression now (you had suggested I do a compression Test and it Failed!, my Nephew and I don't know what we are doing cause I'm a 55 Chevy guy and he just doesn't know what he's doing but we pulled the Heat off (I've been watching a lot of Videos) I did the water test that you spoke of and it Failed! Took it to a Machine Shop and got it fixed up and put it back on. Our problem now is that when my Nephew (his eyes are better then mine) tries to tighten down the Timing Belt Tensioner bolt, the bolt pulls the Tensioner sides ways (crocked)??? We have not been able to see what is causing this??? got any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern. Yes I remember you..

Is it possible for you to take some pics of what you are describing? If I could see for myself, I may be able to tell what is wrong..

Did you replace any of the timing components while you are in there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dumb shit here was mounting the Timing Belt Tensioner with a bolt that was too long and the bolt was bottoming out against the Block or whatever and causing the Tensioner to cock sideways, it's OK now.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Cool, Glad you got it figured out on your own...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Robert it's me again! Ok the Timing Belt is on (had a little help with that) and the Timing Covers are on so now we are trying to get that Huge funny looking Bracket back in. It appears as though there is no way to get that Bracket in without Disconnecting the A/C Lines, they are in the way. This A/C system was never Discharged, I hear you are supposed to have some king of special equipment for that? I don't know anything about that.... any ideas??
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Every time I have worked on the PT cruiser, I have evacuated the A/C to move the lines out of the way. Since you were able to get the bracket out, I would assume that you should be able to get it back in. The easiest way to get the bracket back in is to raise the engine up as high as possible using a jack then move a/c lines out of the way as necessary to get the bracket back in... If you are unable, you may have no choice but to disconnect the a/c lines...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Robert! I don't know how we got the bracket out but we can't get it back in even though the engine is jacked up so high we can't close the hood, can we just disconnect the lines even though the A/C has not been properly evacuated? (what ever proper is?? lol)
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

That would be up to you. Just be careful and remember that you will need to have the a/c recharged after you reassemble the a/c lines..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Robert, I feel we might not have to recharge the A/C cause at the rate we are going it will most likely be winter by the time we get it going lol. I will keep you posted
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

i hear you...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.