Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Its just the tail lights wont come on bulbs are good know

Customer Question

its just the tail lights wont come on bulbs are good know power in system wire
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are the front park lights coming on properly and is it just the rear park/tail lights that are not working?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
front lights are ok evey else is good just the tail lights now power in wihite wire that connects to them.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k. on this model the totally integrated power control module controls the tail lights and front park lights.Since the front lights are all o.k. this indicates the fuses are o.k. and the fault is in the integrated power control module and it usually requires replacement.I have seen this fail before in the past and cause this fault here needing replaced.

I would have the signals tested out of it to be sure this is the cause first.This module powers the lights on the white wire.This module is located near the battery under hood and houses fuses as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2b5z3zgbsyhyfx/ipm-07-27.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pete send your phone number and i will call you thanks donnie
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place or receive a call on this here myself.Would you like to continue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if I c ould speak with pete our uderstanding of the problem would be much better . thanks Donnie
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Since I am unable to place a call myself would you like me to opt out and open your question for others here to see if they can help further on this?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do what ever it takes. thanks Donnie
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can you send me a picture of this control module. Donnie
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Donnie I will be glad to get you a wiring diagram if you can send me the last 8 of your VIN..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
here is the vin 8n617172the entire vin1c3lc65m38n617172
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
am I going to get an answer to this problem havent heard anything for more than 3 hours. Donnie
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry for the delay!!

I have attached the wiring diagram.. The TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood supplies voltage to the taillights.. It's possibly bad but you would need a scantool to see what codes it has.. Have you tried to disconnect the battery for 5 min to reset the system and see what happens? WHen the TIPM sets a code it will turn off that circuit to protect it which is maybe what has happened..

Let me know,

Brad