Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I had two separate events last week, with my Sebring. On

Customer Question

I had two separate events last week, with my Sebring. On Thursday I was on the highway and the car was jerking a bit while in a traffic jam. On Saturday the convertible top got stuck going down. I finally got it down though.I checked youtube for possible problems and found a video on adding fluid to the chamber, behind the back seat that provides lubrication to the mechanisms for top to open and close. We got as far as putting fluid into the chamber, but the plug would not go back in.. broke through the back side of the plug. Now I need a new one, but we did manage to get the top up put tape on the top system plug hole to contain leakage.Today i was back on the higway to work and the car is jerking again, particularly at slow speed and the engine light just came on. I checked my fluids and transmission is high, but the oil is low.Any ideas for what could be wrong? Do you think the two issues above could be related.?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

These two issues are definitely not related. The top issue is likely an electrical issue relating to one of the sensors or switches on the convertible top.

The rough running issue is definitely related to the check engine light. The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert