Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  30 years of Auto Repair experience
17294534

I just got an oil change and the light is still beeping and

Customer Question

I just got an oil change and the light is still beeping and blinking. I've kept up the maintenance and this is the first time this has ever happened
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It's the engine oil light (the little bowl linking thing with a drop coming out of it). It beeps and blinks five times the pauses then does that all over again. When my foot is on the gas it doesn't do it. Only when I'm coasting
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 PT cruiser convertible 115k miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: preferably. I went and got my oil changed. I also did the system test for the p-codes and the trip odometer test, both coming back fine or saying "done"
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Neal replied 4 months ago.
Based On what you've already done, the next step would be to have the oil system pressure checked with a manual gauge. It is possible it is just your oil pressure sending unit that is giving an incorrect signal. A mechanic can check the oil pressure with the manual gauge pretty easily and the test is not very expensive. This would rule out a problem with the oil pump or the engine itself.