Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I have an 04 Chrysler Pacifica and the motor in the hatch

Customer Question

I have an 04 Chrysler Pacifica and the motor in the hatch went bad so I replaced it with another one a different type but the hatch works fine. But now my car won't even crank
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What have you tried to do to resolve this issue? Has the battery been checked? Did you try to jump start it? What are the exact symptoms when you try to crank it??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well changed the motor and the hatch works fine but now the engine won't crank at all and I don't believe it needs a jump maybe a security issue that just shut it down
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also disconnected the battery and reconnect it and still nothing
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

How old is the battery? Is there a "red dot" illuminated on the instrument cluster when you are trying to start it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's an 03 battery I didn't see no red dot all the power and lights lit up just won't turn over not even a clicking noise
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Are you saying that the battery is as old as the vehicle? Never been changed? If this is the case I would SURELY begin by having the battery load tested. If it fails the load test, replace the battery first before attempting any additional diagnosis. You can remove the battery and take it to your nearest AutoZone or Oreilley's to have it tested. If it fails you can exchange the battery at that time....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay I was gonna try that tomorrow anyway but will keep you informed. Is it any kind of security system on the Pacifica that could cause this simply by replacing a part such as the motor inside the hatch
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

If there were any security system issues, the "Red Dot" would have been illuminated or blinking with the key in the ignition and in the "Run" position. If the lamp turns on then goes out, the security system is operating properly and that is NOT the cause of the no start issue.

What I suspect has happened is during the time you had the doors open and doing the replacement of the motor, that the battery which is most likely weak since it is as old as the car has run down and doesn't have enough current to operate the starter. There may be enough for the lights but not for the starter and that is why I suspect that you need to replace the battery....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I put the new battery in and still have full power but the engine isn't even turning over. No noise at all
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

There are a couple possibilities but you will need to get the vehicle scanned for codes to see what the next steps should be.

It is possible that the PCM has failed causing this problem.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The auto zone scan or the dealer scan
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

You can try AutoZone first. They offer free tool loaning..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I really couldn't rate your answer because you never gave me a solution. I appreciate your conversation but you only told me the things I had already tried. Now just waiting to get money to get my car to the dealership so that they can milk me. You can rate yourself and have a better day than I.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh but I will let you know what they say so that maybe it'll help someone else out some day.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hello, actually I thought we were still working on an answer for you, I'm still waiting for you to post the codes that are retrieved from the vehicle so we can continue from there....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I apologize you are correct I'll let you know if I get e reading or not. A guy with a reading machine is going to see what code it shows. I'll tell you in about ten minutes
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good....

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay he says no codes are showing up. He did it for the engine and for the transmission
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Do you have access to a multimeter or Incandescent Test Lamp so we can run a few tests? Maybe we can isolate it to the starter or ignition switch...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well none of your suggestion help me but I'm glad you tried we have taking it to the dealership. I'll let you know what they say
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well personally I can't rate my experience as great and other than conversation I don't want to just for talk. We didn't even come close to an answer so I would like a refund and thanks.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good, I understand. Sometimes without being in front of the vehicle to be able to put "Hands On", it can be hard to diagnose these type of concerns over the internet. Sometimes we get lucky and can find the problem in a hurry other times not...

If you decide to get a refund, this question will close and we won't be able to communicate unless you reopen the question. Remember I receive no compensation whatsoever unless you rate me with a positive rating. If you would like a refund, please contact customer support...

For any issues about billing and payment, please contact Customer Support at***@******.***. They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, etc. - As an Expert, I only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.

If you still would like to continue, I'm happy to help through some diagnostics but I need to know if you have access to a test light and we can continue if you would like...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks and I agree about not being in front the vehicle but have a great day
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

You have a great day also.

Robert