Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

How do I go about programing a new remote 1003 Chrysler New

Customer Question

How do I go about programing a new remote for my 1003 Chrysler
New Yorker fifth ave..
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Here is how to program the remote:

Case Number999924277

Vehicle IssueCannot program Remote Keyless Entry => Dark green program wire is found under the center counsel on the left side just under the carpeting;In what area is the electrical problem? >> RKE Did you follow directions in the service manual? >> YES Is the vehicle equipped with factory RKE? >> YES

System or ComponentCustomer Concern (No DTCs);Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)

RecommendationConnector is found under the center counsel on the left side just under the carpeting, it is a dark green program wire Turn the ignition to "on" and then ground the program wire and the door locks will cycle, then press any button on the transmitter, the locks will cycle again, then can disconnect the ground.

1. Remove trim cover or console as needed that may be covering the Air Bag Diagnostic Module (ASDM). 2. Pull floor carpeting back between the accelerator pedal and ASDM. 3. Locate program line a dark green wire with a insulator on the end. Located between the accelerator and ASDM. 4. Turn ignition switch to ON position. 5. Connect the dark green program wire to ground. Circuit D9. Door locks will cycle to indicate the receiver is ready. 6. Press any button on transmitter to set code. If there is a second transmitter, program it at this time. The door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 7. Disconnect the dark green program wire. 8. Replace trim as needed. If the program wire is not responding and you have power and ground to the rke module. Then replace the rke module

I hope this helps and before exiting the site make sure to RATE so I'm credited for helping..

Have a great day,

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help?