Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2013 chrysler 300s key fobs not working, push start not

Customer Question

2013 chrysler 300s key fobs not working, push start not working, new battery in key fobs and car.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Will the vehicle start if you use the remote itself to push the start button?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sir, none of the buttons work on the key fobs 2 of them new batteries. I checked the ignition relay and starter relay and checked fuses with ohm meter as well
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Did you use the remote itself to push the start button? Have you disconnected the battery for 5 min to perform a hard reset? At the dealership I would connect my WiTech scantool to see what codes the RFH has.. Is the security light flashing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No lights flashing and i did try with nose of fobs and nothing, after the checks i did i disconnected battery and will leave disconnected till am. But closed trunk now i have no access to trunk lol.
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

You only need to leave the battery disconnected for 5 min to discharge the modules, then reconnect and see if it will start. It's unlikely both remotes failed and I would suspect an issue with the module. The bad news is that you need a scantool to not only see what codes it has but also to program a new module is needed.. If the battery is not dead for the vehicle and you have disconnected it for 5 min and it will not start then a scantool will definitely be needed to diagnose your issues...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ignition module? Is there anyway to troubleshoot the module?
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

There is no ignition module. I attached a wiring diagram showing how it works.. The FOBIK talks to the KIN and the RFH bus messages to the fuse box.. At this point if the battery disconnect doesn't work then I'm sorry but a scantool will be needed..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok ty
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome...