Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I am getting a P0452 error code and the shop has replaces

Customer Question

I am getting a P0452 error code and the shop has replaces the emission control pump and still getting error. Car will die at times if stopping or turning sharply and error comes and goes. Took to second shop after first could find nothing else wrong and the Chrysler dealer said he could find nothing causing the error and reset. Engine light is on again.
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Yes it has stalled. Yes both shops including the Chrysler shop has run diagnostic test.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2003 and Chrysler shop ran 32 point inspection.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not if I can avoid it but I have worked on cars in the past.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has stalled sometimes when I am putting the windows up or down and really draws the engine down.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you can give me the model of your 2003 Chrysler as well as the engine size I will have a look and see if I can help you get this code P0452 resolved. Post back with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ron,
Sorry for the late reply but I have been out of the country. The car is a PT Cruiser 2.4 L.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

The code P0452 indicates that the NVLD Pressure Switch Stuck Closed. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. See the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/NLV%20valve%20aug%2017.pdf