sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

It stalls out when you go to start it. The "code" on it says

Customer Question

It stalls out when you go to start it. The "code" on it says vacuum leak and misfire.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Yes to check engine light. It mainly stalls as you go to start it. You turn the key and it sounds like it is going to go then stalls out. It has also stalled out once will driving it and once while sitting idle for about 10-15 minutes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2011 town and country. It only has 35,000 miles on it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Warranty has run out. Just made last payment one week before the problem started. I would like to try myself because without a warranty the dealer will be too much for my budget.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We have had constant problems with the transmission. The dealer has completely replaced the transmission twice and the transmission just started up again with not changing gears.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have an actual vacuum leak or it may be a MAP sensor issue causing the engine controller to think vacuum is lower than it really is.

What are the actual P codes setting?