Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Ive got a viper venom, hennessey version, and i cant get the

Customer Question

ive got a viper venom, hennessey version, and i cant get the emission monitors to set
JA: What year is your Viper?
Customer: 01
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i own a shop. the battery went dead,
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: cat evap, cat monitor'
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

ood afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

If the battery went dead then all of the monitors are cleared and it will need to have a fresh battery installed and all of the adaptives reset with a scantool.. Then you will need to perform a drive learn to relearn the OBDII monitors.. I have attached the Drive learn procedure.. This should take care of your issues..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad