sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

While driving my 2005 Chrysler cut off. I smelled something

Customer Question

while driving my 2005 Chrysler cut off. I smelled something burning. it tries to turn over and all the power is still there also but it wont catch to crank. ive replaced the fuel pump and checked the fuses and relay but cant find a solution please help
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: circuit? and yes ive checked the fuse box
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?
Customer: 4dr 300c hemi chysler
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: while driving my 2005 Chrysler cut off. I smelled something burning. it tries to turn over and all the power is still there also but it wont catch to crank. ive replaced the fuel pump and checked the fuses and relay but cant find a solution please help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you replaced the fuel pump then I'm assuming that the engine cranks but doesn't start.

There are many things that can cause a no start condition. If the fuel pump isn't running then you may have a wiring or power distribution issue. If you do have fuel pressure then you're likely missing spark which can happen for a number of reasons, but if it is related to a burning smell then wiring would be likely.

Have you checked for fault codes?

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?