Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I just want to change the transmission filter and fluid

Customer Question

I just want to change the transmission filter and fluid wondering how many litres of transmission oil i need for a 2007 Chrysler 300 3.5
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 225345km i just got the car and well ive done a hole lot of work to it timming belt and oil flush but the trans feels weird some times maybe its just me but rather change it b4 i have a problem
JA: What is the model of your '223345 Chrysler?
Customer: 300 touring rwd 3.5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well i have a changed the upper intakemanafold gasket and one coil pack in cylinder 3 and cleaned the runners in the intake
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ya im also getting the lighting bolt throttle red light flashing on the dash if i leave work and drive home 1.5 hour drive half way eather way to work or from work i have to pull over turn off the car and then restart and its good to go the rest of the way
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

If you wanting to service the transmission I would add 5 qts of ATF+4 and then start it up and then select reverse, drive, and back to park and check it. It won't need anymore than 6 qts...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,