Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

2001 Chrysler town and country engine dies when put into

Customer Question

2001 Chrysler town and country engine dies when put into gear. was able to make it die while wiggling main ecm harness at front near radiator. I am aware of the chafing over top of trans. I found one spot at the corner of the trans pan that appeared to be damaged but after opening the harness found nothing. went ahead and opened up the harness from the pcm connectors to over trans, found the ground splices and a couple of other splices, they also seem ok. Now that it's pretty much open I reinstalled the ecm and used a battery jump box and started it up, now it will not fail, I have pulled and wiggled every wire with no change. My question is it possible the splices are bad, I have not opened them because they look good and are sealed inside the shrink tubing. Also when wiggling the harness the running lights come on and then go off, but I can't get it to do that consistently with the wiggle test. Any ideas as to where to go from here?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is possible that you may have a bad splice and finding it may be a real task. One way you may be able to narrow down the circuit would be to scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting when the system fails. If so that would at least tell you which circuit is dropping out and that could be checked from there. See if you can get a fault code and post back and I will help you look at that circuit.