Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I have a 2009 Sebring Limited Convertible. Top threw a

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a 2009 Sebring Limited Convertible. Top threw a malfunction code with the top straight up. Hit the button again and it finished retracting. Then when raising the top it threw the code and did not latch. Tried hitting the button again to no avail. I can hear the rear motors on when I hit the button and see the top being pushed against the windshield frame but it doesn't latch. Looking for suggestions.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I did reset, no help. And plan on getting the code scanned today.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. Having read the posts I'm guessing the latch motor which I have already removed. But given the amount of sensors I'm thinking the code will tell me. Just looking for an outside opinion.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I am a shop foreman at a Chrysler dealer and I have seen the header plate switch fail and cause that problem. The control module does not see the switch close when the top contacts the header plate at the windshield. It will not operate the latch motor until it sees that switch close. I have seen the a few times, and most likely that is your problem. The dealer will be able to watch the switch state using their scan tool and confirm this.

I hope this helps and thanks for using just answer!

Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Good morning! just checking back to see how it is going with your Sebring. Did you receive my answer?