Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a Chrysler 300 year 2005. Can't get it out of park on

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler 300 year 2005. Can't get it out of park on occasion and I've had the little pink thing replaced at the dealership. I'm freight that way and often get trapped with having to re-crank 4 to 5 times to put it into park.
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Brake lights code did go off but then do repaired i
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?
Customer: 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am hoping to fix it myself. It starts after multiple attempts I can get the car out of gear but shouldn't and don't want to have to do this all the time
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the pink part that is common to break and its been replaced I would start with checking to see if its broke again which is common. Chrysler has also released a recall for this type of problem you are having that calls for replacing the interlock lever at no charge to you. I have enclosed the recall in the link below. If this has not been done then it needs to be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Recall%20Jul%2017.pdf