Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

My top is up my I have a message saying convertible top in

Customer Question

My top is up my I have a message saying convertible top in operation so I can't let the top down
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if I can . I unhooked the battery that didn't work
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: No when I push the button upward to close it the Windows go halfway down and the trunk makes a noise but that's all
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: But the down switch usually makes the windows go dwn
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the trunk button is not working

unfortunately you need a Chrysler scanner or equivalent to read the fault codes and find out , which micro switch that tells the top to move in sequence went bad , or any of the trunk, or top latches went bad , or the top module itself is acting up.

if you already did the battery reset and did nit solve the problem that is the only way , since you mentioned the trunk button also, that tells me more like a bcm module that controls that

if trunk is closed but the switch is bad and telling the control module , hey you can move top because trunk is open , even though it is not , then it will drop the window like it supposed but cant go to next step .

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician