cardoctor74
cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

If I'm driving along an my chrysler 300m just cut off an I

Customer Question

If I'm driving along an my chrysler 300m just cut off an I wait about 20 to 30 minute then it start up again could u tell me the problem.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes an I also replace the map sence
JA: What year is your 300 M?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replace the map sence
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It just started doing this an that's when I replace the map sence
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 9 months ago.

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What the problem

Ok have when was te last tune up done on the vehicle? And has te mass air flow sensor been checked or cleaned?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was tune up about 3 months ago. No rhe mass flow sense haven't been change I don't think. Will that cause it to cut off .

It can be the electricla portion of the ignition switch starting to fail as this does happen as well it heats up then stalls the vehicle and when it cools down it will start again.Seems alotlike your isseu so Im leaning towards that.But the mass air flow sensor givesthe signal to the computer for the correct air/fuel mixture and if this sorts out will cause the stall as well . I would clean the mass air flow sensro as well as the throttle body this done with the battery disconnected and once he battery is reconnected if there is still an issue I would focus on the electrical portion of the igntion switch .As these are the most two common faults .Please rate excelletn service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated . Im here if you ever need any fuurther assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the mass air flow senor locate on this car

Its located in the air tube off teh throttle body .From the throtle body to the air box canrt miss it .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank u for ur help.

Anytime.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my helpthanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
U have been a great help.
Thanks just please click accept so I'm compensated for my time. Thanks again Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is the map sense an air flow c sense the same

No 2 different sensors.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my helpthanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.