Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

On my 2013 chrysler 300 MIL malfunction light stays blinking

Customer Question

On my 2013 chrysler 300 MIL malfunction light stays blinking and ESC electronic stability control light is on with 26521 miles on the car. ?????
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

*****I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on*****

Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no codes i'm at home went to go to the store and the car was struggling to start and when it started i pulled out the book to see what the M A L meant and the E T C why is this happening. I haven't made but 2 payments on the Car. Read the carfax and no indication why its this way.
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

You will need a scantool to see what codes it has... Post the codes here so I can help you get it fixed..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where is the scantool, for the codes, the dealer will charge me $ 99.00 to have it checked.
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Any local parts store should scan it for free.. Just post the codes here when you get them.. Without the codes it's anyones guess as to what the problem is..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok going to autozone is it ok to drive without damaging the car ?
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

You should be ok..

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad