Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

The radiator fans stopped working on my 1999 Plymouth Grand

Customer Question

The radiator fans stopped working on my 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. I have already replaced the Fan Relay on the side frame by the headlight and now when facing the motor the fan on the right works, but not the left which I believe is the AC fan. I have bought a replacement dual fan, however before having to take off the grill and radiator to replace the fans I am trying to locate the ac fan module. Not the compressor clutch module but fan module. I purchased one but cannot locate it.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Hi.....are you still there/
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing is slipping. I have already replaced the fan relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i am trying to locate the fan module
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am told there is a high and low fan relay. I am also told that the fan on the left is the ac fan and that was why I purchased the ac fan module. Please let me know if I am missing anything.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

There is only a low speed relay, the high speed relay is built into the PCM. Here is how you can test the circuit:

Check voltages at the fan relay that is mounted under the air cleaner housing. Gray wire is the 12 volt power supply from the battery. Black wire is the fan relay ground. Dark Green wire is the fan relay output or power to the fan motors. Light Green and Dark Blue wire is the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) fan relay control wire and is duty-cycled by the PCM to control the fan relay operation.

Jumper the Gray wire to the Dark Green at the fan relay and the fans should run on high.

With the fan relay connector plugged in, ground the Light Green and Dark Blue wire and the fans should run on high.

Unplug the PCM, probe pin #73 and ground it, the fans should run on high.

Using a scan tool, run the Automatic Test Mode (ATM) tests of the fan relay circuit. The PCM will run the fan relay at two speeds and off.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you need more help with this. If not, please don't forget to rate.