Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Changed battery, car will start a couple time! When driving

Customer Question

Changed battery, car will start a couple time! When driving loses power barely move. Disconnected battery let run turned lights on, continued to run so alternator must be ok! Stumped!
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: Never tuned up had car for over 18 months!
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Sorry over three years!
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2011. 2.4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the battery ran for a while then battery lights came on! Got it home now it will only click with a slight crank!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Puzzling when it did start driving it home there was no pep in the car when I try to accelerate !
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?