Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I HAVE A 2011 Town & Country Limited. I replaced all 4 brake

Customer Question

i HAVE A 2011 Town & Country Limited. I replaced all 4 brake rotors and pads, and replaced the return springs on the rear calipers for the e-brake cable. After blleding the calipers, I have great pedal, but the van creeps with the e-brake applied fully (At the stop on the caliper). How do I get more e-brake? so I can pass inspection?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh, and the rear calipers turned in very easily (Granted, with the correct tool)
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

How many miles on the van ?

The system is self adjusting , i sent you the operation of the parking system on this van.

have you checked the cables for slack or stretching and visually inspect the cables along the frame ?

Have you tried the Parking Brake Automatic Adjuster Tension Reset ? I have sent you a link to the procedures if you have not already .

are the calipers closing all the way ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e02z73mwqozvp8/File%20Jul%2013%2C%2010%2055%2007%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnzhqvktli5tu4p/File%20Jul%2013%2C%2010%2055%2030%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyd13y6eh333lms/File%20Jul%2013%2C%2010%2055%2041%20AM.png?dl=0

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
72,500 MILES - not sure if the rear caliper is doing anything - cable seems fine - it moves freely, and pulls the arm on the caliper all the way to the stop - I don't beleive the cable is the problem - this sounds like it's a "friction clutch" detection of wear to make the arm adjust to pad wear . . .

I agree based on what you replaced so far and what the system is made up from components that does leaves the friction clutch if all the above are good and functioning.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What's the procedure for making the friction clutch engage? (A la the back up & apply the brakes on star wheel drums) - I tried that , applying the e-brake, no response. drive further? apply & go forward/

i m not aware of a specific procedure other than what you did already . i would take it apart and physically look at it .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
tHAMKS, cHAD - PEACE OUT.

you welcome :) peace out

please let me know what happens with it

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)