Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with 82,000 miles.

Customer Question

Have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with 82,000 miles. Had service, oil change, etc...
Then this week, it just died at a light and when I tried to start again made horrible noises and would not run.
Towed it to my mechanic who advised me that the engine was shot and that he had read many complaints about this car on the Internet (water pump recall causing sludge in engine......)
What can be done ? I cannot afford another rebuilt engine. Any repair kit ?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

did the mechanic tell you the extant of the damage to the engine it sounds like the timing belt broke witch could have bent your valves in the motor what info did the mechanic give you